Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to Determine Activity Partner via Contact Person on Activities

Hello,

I am trying to set up Partner Determination on a new Activity Type I created so when I enter the Contact Person it will automatically determine the Activity Partner of said contact based on the relationship “is contact person for”.

My goal is that when in the Marketing Planner, or creating follow up transactions for a list of contacts generated in a Target Group I can automatically create an Activity for the customer (viewable in Interaction History in PCUI) and have the correct Activity Partner and Contact selected in the Activity.

In short I want to communicate to the user that Mr. John Doe at Company XYZ received a mailing from us (i.e. newsletter, Christmas card…) when the user plans his customer visit with the company.

To my understanding the process is the following:

*Create Transaction Type (done)

*Assign Partner Functions (done)

*Create Access Sequence (this I have problems with)

*Assign to Partner Determination Procedure (no issue)

*Assign to Transaction. (no issue)

So far I was able to configure the marketing planner to an extent where I can create the transactions, but it will default the source data (in my case the CP number) into both the Activity Partner field, and the Contact Person field. Additionally the Org Data is missing.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do this type of reverse lookup from Contact to Organization?

Many Thanks,

Peter McLernon

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

Try the following:

Create an access sequence as:

batch sequence: 10

dialog sequence: 10

source: COM_PARTNER_C BP relationships

reverse determination (check)

Wait until source is available (check)

Details on source:

funct. category: 0007 Contact person

usage: CRM

Then assign this access sequence to partner function activity partner from your partner determination procedure.

And in SPRO > CRM > Basic Functions > Partner Processing > Define Partner Functions, set block for the function 00000009 Activity Partner. This will avoid that the source partner is determined itself in this partner function.

Hope it helps, if not reply again.

Regards,

Susana Messias

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question