cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event driven messages - JDBC scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My sender JDBC channel polls once every 86400 secs(i.e.daily). But if the system crashes/restarts, then it goes all awry. So i want it to run at a particular time daily, preferably during working hrs!

Since i'm on SPS09, i cant use the Availability times in Channel monitoring.

To use scheduling, I have done these steps - /people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi, but there are a few grey areas -

1.What is the use of the Schedule Scheduler? sometimes i dont get a msg if its not activated - i dont understand, how does the scheduler work with the job that i defined? Do i even need to use it?

2.I'm using an Inbound channel EO filter criteria, thereby no receivers defined - is this right for this scenario?

3.Do i need to set Start Immediately flag? if i do, then will the job wait for the scheduled time to execute or does it execute immediately?

4.Lastly,is there anythin else i'm missin out here?

Plz help. Points will be awarded.

Thanks in advance!

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this link

might be helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

That was not related to my question at all! Was this a wrong link posted bu mistake? if so, do u have the right one?

Rgds,

Raju

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry that was wrong link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahem!.. but this is still the same link! Can u instead jus type out what the possible solution could be?

Anyone else who's reading this, plz let me know if u have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Rgds

Raju

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

opps this happened agian.....my aplologies

i am sure this time this is what i intended to paste.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

The thread points to the same blog that i have already used - there are some other issues that i'm facing.

Can u or anyone else help me out with this?

Any answers that solve my problem will be well rewarded.

Thanks.

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i realise that maybe my queries above were a little confusing , so in short -

<u>Problem</u> - i need to schedule my sender JDBC channel.I have the following doubts -

1) what is the use of Schedule Scheduler in ta SXMSJOBS? do i need to set this?

2) for my JDBC-File scenario, do i set the message filter criteria as Inbound EO?

3) what happens if i select start immediately flag?

Kindly let me know any suggestions/solutions u may have - in urgent need of this.

Thanks a lot!

Raju.