cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN forum thoughts

h_senden2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the start of the SDN forum i'm a big fan of it, and i'm browsing daily through the topics of the ABAP Development subforum to ask questions or to help other people with their problems. It's a huge source of information about SAP and ABAP for both beginners and experts.

Lately there are a lot of 'disturbances' in the forum. All these disturbances are discussed in the Rules of engagement topic, but probably most people will not read this topic. So i stated the most irritating problems here :

Subject titles that are not descriptive and not clear. They should describe the question in the topic. The examples i've seen are : hi, please help, urgent etc. So please give it a good title, and probably more people will read the posting.

The most annoying and irritating thing that happens lately, is the fact that a lot of people don't use the great search functionality but create a new posting over and over again. For example : if you look for the topic BAPI, you will find a lot of postings with the same questions (what is a bapi ?) and probably the same answers. So please use the search functionality first, and if you don't find anything useful, you can create a new posting anyway.

Sorry for opening a new thread for this post anyway

The reward points system is a good way to motivate people to help other people. With a lot of reward points you will get some appreciation and t-shirts

But ! There are also some negative aspects to this system. You see more and more phrases like 'Please reward if useful', so it looks like people only give answers for points, and don't read the others answers that often contain the correct answer. If i should open a new topic with the question 'In which table can i find the materials ?', i would probably get 10 or 20 answers with the same answer MARA/MARC/etc. en the signature 'please reward if useful'.

On the other side i have answered a lot of questions correctly, but i haven't received any points for that. So maybe the rewarding system should be extended with a feature that you first have to give points for your previous question or explicitely tell you won't give points (because no satisfying answer has been given), before you can start a new topic.

So, share the knowledge, and please keep the forums clean

regards,

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans:

Thanks for your comments...As you may know, these issues have been raised and posted more than once, but it's always nice to read another points of view...

It's true that there are a lot of disturbance in the ABAP Forums...But trust me...Everyday I break my back doing my Moderator Job...I browse from 1 to 10 pages of ABAP forum posts, deleting "I will reward" or "Reward if useful", deleting mail id's, changing titles to correct ones, moving post to correct forums, checking that all conversations are civile...With this, I'm not saying that my job is not being taking in good concern....I'm just saying that even when I try to do a good job, people doen't seem to colaborate, because the kind of problems are still getting present...

There is some people that kindly mail me pointing me to bad posts, so I can take care of them when I get home...So I invite you to do the same...You can gatter my mail from my BC...

Greetings,

Blag.

h_senden2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Blag,

i didn't know the moderators do that kind of good and much work. Hopely it will help to clean up this great forum in the end.

Hans

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Sorry Blag,

> i didn't know the moderators do that kind of good and

> much work. Hopely it will help to clean up this great

> forum in the end.

>

> Hans

Don't worry -:) And don't need to sorry -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

Answers (0)