cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while setting External Window Title

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This should actually be a straighforward task, but I don't understand why I am facing a problem.

I am opening an external window (browser) and trying to set the title of the window. Here is the code

IWDWindow win = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow(url,"Title");

win.setTitle("Title");

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.ADDRESS_BAR);

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.MENU_BAR);

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.STATUS_BAR);

win.removeWindowFeature(WDWindowFeature.TOOL_BAR);

win.setWindowPosition(100, 150);

win.show();

The window opens well with the right URL. But the title does not seem to be changing at all. The URL is displayed instead of the title. Where could I be going wrong?

I have placed this code within an action event

We are using EP7 SP10.

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema

IWDWindow win = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow(url,"Title"); 
win.setTitle("Title");

in the above code createNonModalExternalWindow(url,"Title"); here it self you are setting the title , just comment this statement [win.setTitle("Title");]

and see the <b>source</b> of the external window whether you can see the title as you mentioned or not

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reena,

Looks like a bug to me. It sets the title alright (seen in debugging) but doesnt display it for some reason, for external windows based on URLs.

win.setTitle() works perfectly for windows created with IWDWindowInfo.

May be you should raise an OSS message.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Rajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya... unfortunately that didn't help

Rajit, I think you are right. It works well with IWDWindowInfo but not on External Windows...

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Regards,

Reena