cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custmization in portals

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Anybdoy has done any customization in portals If so Please send me those documents to sapsakthe@yahoo.co.in.

I don't have customization experience......I have done standard ESS/MSS implementation............

Thanks in Advance,

Shakthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

customization of which portal areas you need?

if you want to do customization of any of the following then download the .PAR files from code link of standard objects and in NWDS make code changes as per requirement:

1. Masthead

2. Navigation

3. Default content area

4. Page templates.

etc...

regards

KK

reward points if useful...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Shakthi,

There are many customizations in Portal.

You can do

Login page

Masthead

Detailed Level Navigation

Top Level Navigation

Framework Page

For the above mentioned Customization, download the par file. Import in NWDS with different project name, add the Jars, Customize it and redeploy it. Create the corresponding iViews so that it can be used in the portal.

The themes can be customized from System Administration -> Portal Display -> Theme.

To use the customized theme, you have to create the Portal Desktop and Add it to the master rule.

For Configuration of ESS/MSS, Down the specific project from service,sap.com. In your NWDI, install that downloaded project as software component. Now this will be available in your NWDS. Do the changes, and redeploy it. You will not be able to change the Name of the project as it is a DC. So at the time of upgrade, you have to roll back to the same version.

If you want any thing else. Please revert.

Thanks,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

you looking for ess/ mss customization in particular?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steelman,

Yeah ESS/MSS customization and If you anything else please share with me..........

Thanks in advance,

Shakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steelman,

If you have anyother customization experience other than ESS/MSS please share with me...........

Thanks in Advance,

Shakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakthi,

do you mean UI customization..of WDynpro

if it is the case: you need lot of efforts to make those changes in standard WD codes even though possible. Also its a time consuming task than developement. You can do the changes thru NWDS only.

regards

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

Refer

for more info!!

Reward points if useful

Reagards

Mohan.