cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCR Form Data like employee number is sometimes coming in task container an

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a custom scenario for request for internal trasnfer.I have created buisness object and various methods inthat to get the data from ISR FORM.One of the method is to get employee number in that I am reading the attributes for form data by using the function module ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET passing the OBJECT-KEY-NUMBER as the notification number and then I am reading the characteritic PERNR for getting the employee number.

The problem is that in my task container employee number gets populated sometimes and sometimes does not get populated.

any help is really appreciated on this.

Thanks

Sonia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah WAIT UP TO statement shud help.

Would be better if we can know when this code (ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET) is getting executed.Is it the first step of your workflow?

Also just check whether you have your notification number populated in the workflow container (in cases when ur PERNR is not found). I had a similar issue while implementing PCRs (that too intermittently) but in my case i was not getting the notification number itself.

When i saw in event trace it showed the key value as "DUMMY"...!!!

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having few custom methods ,first is to get pernr and second is to get emp name , both I am reading from FM , Is it sufficient to put WAIT statement in the very first method it self.right .

I am getting the notification number in the workflow container always.

Thanks

sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put it just before the ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET in the method that reads the PERNR which i guess is the first method in your case.

Not sure if WAIT wud help.. As far as i remember your notification number will be generated only after saving all the form data.... You said u r getting the notification number properly from which i guess the PERNR shud be saved before the instantiation of the workflow itself.

Anyways try the WAIT statement and then let us know...

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

After putting wait it is stuck and not going further .Please tell me how do i delte those workitems as else i am getting short dump in the buisness workplace.SWI1 is not getting refreshed.

it is urgent

any hep is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How many seconds did you out the wait for?

I faced a similar problem and since I was developing a number of PCR workflows I created a separate task/method with the WAIT statement as suggested above and it worked perfectly. You need the wait as PCR characteristice are not stored in the notification table, a wait of 120 seconds works perfectly.

Explain your exact problem in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can use the requested start tab in your acitivity which calls the method for determing the PERNR and set it as 2 minutes from time of creation of workitem. (The delay time may vary slightly as it depends on the sheduled report).

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the notification numbers where your pernr is not available in your task container run the FM ISR_SPECIAL_DATA_GET seperately and see if it returns PERNR value in SPECIAL_DATA.

I think in case of PCRs your form data is stored in XML documents. There are chances that this PERNR is not saved for certain cases.

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

prasath,

wheni test FM separately it gives me the values ,when I test my buisness object method separately by instantiating the object i.e notification and run the method I am getting the correct values but at run time sometimes data comes and sometimes I am getting blank values in the task container.

Is there any way to debug the methods at run time as I had switched on the workflow trace but when i check SEU9 there is nothing coming in the technical information.

Thanks

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just put a wait for 120 seconds in your method and then write your code I think the attribute value is not getting populated by the time you are using method in Workflow Template.

<b>Reward points if useful and close thread if resolved</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just via wait(120) statement or is there any other way for doing this.

thanks

sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

The statement is

WAIT UP TO 120 SECONDS.

Thanks

Arghadip