cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Workbook not transferring/saving values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I have created an aggregation level for my planning cube and have built a query and workbook that I want to input values into.

When I right click and try to transfer/save the values it resets to the original value (or clears the value out if it was originally a blank cell).

Any help on what I need to do to get the news values saved is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar problem and what we came to know later was that the Cube was locked by some user.

There is an option for displaying the popup screen while saving the query/workbook. Enable that so that you can see the message over there..

Rgds

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

Generally in Excel Workbook in BI Analyser, I have seen that the messages dont come as popup but they are displayed when you click on the bottom left corner of the Analyser window. Can you please tell how we can get these as pop-ups?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

We need to dbl click on the message that appears at the bottom left to display the pop-up. It doesnt get displayed on save.

Rgds

Syam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Also please check if the query is input ready. You should see dark blue lines around the cells if they are input ready, or run them in Web and you should be able to type in figures in the cells if they are input ready.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mayank.

No dark blue lines around the cells. In the planning properties for the key figures in the query, user input option is selected. What other settings to I need to make?

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There can be many reasons why query is not input ready. You can search for this in the forum... you will get many threads.

Some common points are:

- Query (input fields) should be built on the lowest granularity of the underlying aggregation level.

- Check if there is any data locking happening (the system should give messages if this is the case).

- The cube should be switched to planning mode

etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you ensure that the input fields are built on the lowest granularity of the underlying aggregation level?

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Matt Potts

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the characteristics should get restriced to one value for the input cells... either they should be restriced to one value in the filter or they should get restricted to one value in either the row or the column corresponding to that cell.

Message was edited by:

Mayank Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Can I know on which SP are you in, the same problem we faced when we were in SP10, but this was solved with SP11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan.

How do I see which SP I am on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to system menu. Select the menu-item 'status'.

You will find this information in there.