Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Payee- Unique Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a doubt regarding Alternate Payee;

We are dealing with certain sets of vendors on a fairly frequent basis who have authorized us to issue Bearer Cheques in individual names;

One option is to create a vendor code for these individuals which for these scenario might not be a worthwhile exercise since we do not deal with these individuals in any capacity except issuing a cheque in their names (ofcourse with an authorization in writing from the Vendor Company);

Is there any option in SAP, where we can say, in case of Cheques generated for a given vendor, Beneficiary name is to be Printed as Mr. XYZ (instead of the Vendor Name);

Your advice will be highly appreciated;

Regards

Siddique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Sanil; I would be thankful for any other solution from others as well; Ideally I am looking for a solution where SAP, when Printing the Cheque will print in the name of

- Alternate Payee: If Alternate Payee is set; or

- Beneficiary Name: If Beneficiary name is set at some central location for a given Vendor (provided some such feature is available in SAP); or

- Vendor name:- If both Alternate Payee and Beneficiary Name is not set;

The above is the ideal solution I am looking for; As mentioned in my original post, creating Vendor Codes for Individuals with whom the only relationship we have is issuing of cheques might be a pointless exercise unless absolutely needed;

Thanks in advance

Regards

Siddique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Sanil

Thank you for your help; Allowing Users to change the beneficiary name in FCH5 can be a Potential Control Issue; So, as requested in my previous post, is there any place where we can do one time setting for Beneficiary Name;

Regards

Siddique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The best scenario in your case taking into account the control factor would be to create a new vndor master for alternative beneficiary and assign the same in vendor master as alternative payee

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Sanil

I will try out this option; But what about APP; It would be helpful if there is a place where we can do one-time setting for Beneficiary name- Siddique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In case you are using the manual payment process, you can modify the beneficiary name in FCH5 before printing the instrument.

Assign points if the information is useful to you

Regards

Sanil Bhandari