cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Release!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My Client has created WBS and activities, buy mistake they have released the WBS, they wanted to undo the release of WBS, the budget is not assigned. Please help it out how the changes can be done for this request.

Secondly can they release the budget for other WBS.

Thanks in Advance

Regards'

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Syed

I understand that mistakenly the WBS Element has been released without doing the proper budgeting. SAP has been designed in such a way that u cannot revoke the release, but further if u want that no PR/PO/GR/Confirmation to happen to the WBS Element u lock the Account Assignment thru > Edit> Status>Lock> AccountAssignment. Simultaneously u distribute the budget. I hope this should solve your problem

Reward points if useful

regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestion & replies this solves my problem & i have assign points to all please check.

Thanks & Regards'

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Release of WBS is irrevocable.

The options before you, as far as I know, are:

1.Set deletion flag for the WBS. Edit -> status--> set deleion flag and and as and when required undo the deletion flag, thereby making the WBS avialble again for operations

2. TECO the WBS and later on reset the same (procedure same as setting deletion flag)

3.Develop a user status which prohibits whatever operations you want to prohibit for this WBS and assign this status to the WBS. Change the user status when required.

Pl acknowledge / comment.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If they want to assign Budget, they can do so even after releasing the WBSE. To my knowledge, the release cannot be revoked. But I will check again and let you know.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Please let me know as to why they want to undo the release.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

By mistake they have released the WBS, Budget is also not posted only activities is created. Please suggest an alternate option if release cannot be change.

Regards'

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After releae of the project, the same can't be revoked. It has certain logic as after release of project financial posting / material movement etc. will happen which can't be revoked. This is standrad feature of SAP also.

As per your budget requirement, the same can be assigned & budget release is also possible after project release.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan