cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web DynPro User Login Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I'm writing a Web DynPro Application with a login page, where the user has to logon with his backend username&pass before he can continue.

Which table or function can I use to verify hin username & password?

And how can i distinguish the different user types/roles?

Thanks in advance!

Farid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for Web Dynpro ABAP applications, we recommend using the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ff/c7de3fc6c6ec06e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">system logon</a> which can be set up via SICF.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I know the existence of System Logon, although I never used it.

But isn't there a function for a personal logon page written in WDA?

Regards,

Farid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farid,

the system logon is exactly what is to be used, there's nothing else provided by the WDA framework. The system logon is a generic logon application which can be used by BSP application, the SAP NetWeaver Business Client as well as WDA, that's what it's for.

Regards, Heidi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Farid,

In such case when ever you need to first authicate user with back end there is no point is developing web dynpro for it .As SAP Net weaver Logon it self will be avilable to use .

Other than that have you checked Web Service that is created for your web Dynopro Application in trasacction SICF .

In SICF in /sap / bc / webdynpro /sap >> NameOfUrWebDynpro Application will be there .Double click over it .Go to Logon Data tab .There you may find some setting that can help you .

Regards ,

Parag