cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Drive: cannot work with the Files -> "Error 5, Access denied"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo developer,

I installed the Portal Drive Client on the local PC. The Connection works and open my Folders in Windows Explorer. But if I try to work with Files, I become Error Message "Error 5, Access denied"

I want to make a mass upload of files to the Server, such as html files.

What schall I do?

Thanks and regards,

Galyna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Galyna,

at a first glance this looks user related, but I guess you checked the permission settings on CM side already. Check if this happens also with an admin / <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/19/56f28fbd4e11d5993b00508b6b8b11/frameset.htm">System Principal</a> to exclude this.

You'd look for more information in the Portal Drive logs. See SAP Note No. 911449 for location.

Regards, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Peter,

thanks for your answer. I have checked a System Principal, but I have s super_admin_role in Portal and appropriate permission.

The Problem is that in Portal Drive I can tipp my user name, but no a Password. So have I none authoriatation for a portal.

If I set in Folder-details the full-access-Permission for anonymous user - then can I work unproblematic with the Folders in portal. But it is a safety hole.

Have you any idea what can I do?

Thanks and regards,

Galyna

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Galyna,

ah, this information that you're using anonymous user brings different light in here.

So I understand you implemented SAP Note No. 837898. Have you seen this section: 'When using the portal drive together with setting the KM docs

iView to anonymous, the default guest user will be used for

accessing documents and folders. The user and password that are

set when mounting a KM folder as a portal drive is ignored in

this case.'.

Regards, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter for very helpfull answer,

now I understand it.

After finished the upload, I will delete this full-access-permission for anonymous user.

Ragards,

Galyna

Answers (0)