cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of changing the profile parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

1]I wanted to know that when I am modifying a profile(either default profile or Instance profile) will there be an immediate effect on my system after modifying a profile as mentioned above.

2]Also I wanted to know that after a default profile has been created and activated in my system ; can I add additional parameter in my default profile after the default profile has been created or whether I have to add that additional parameter in my instance profile.

4] What are the problems faced by the users which are logging into the production system after changes are made in profiles in productive system.

3] Please mention the further steps to do after importing the profiles(DEFAULT,INSATANCE,START) in my database.

Regards,

Ashish Thakkar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Profile will get activated only when the system is restarted, and another basic thing is that if u add any parameter in default and instance profile. Instance profile has over rule against default .So instance profile parameter will activated.

regards

Sudhakar Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

1. Whenever you make any changes in the profile parameters, these changes only take effect once the instance gets restarted, and not immediately.

2. yes, you can always add a parameter to any profile you desire according to the need.

4. If you make any changes in the profile parameter they will only make an effect on the system when the instance is restarted. Thus, the users too will notice the changes after a restart.

For example: " rsau/enable" (used for enabling the audit)

If u change its value from 0 to 1, the audit will be enabled only when the instance is restarted, and NOT before that.

Regards,

Muzammil

PS: Please award points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If the parameter is dynamic and you change it with RZ11, the effect will be immediate. Parameters set with RZ10 are only effective after system restart.

2) The DEFAULT profile is there to define the parameters which value should be the same on all SAP instances (CI and dialog instances) of the same SAP system.

4) There is no answer to this question : depends of cours of the parameters and their values.

3)If you want the parameters new values to take effect, you have to restart your system.

PS : Reading help.sap.com and attending a basis course would seem to be useful for you as these are very basic questions.

Regards,

Olivier