Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Language Change in Portal for annoymous users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i want to implement Language change option in portal for annoymous users

can anyone help me with the procedure i need to follow for implementing the change of language

Regards

JM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just discovered a third option:

You could assign for example english and german content to one role.

The content for each language should be packed into a separate folder.

Now it is possible to use so called "pcd filters" that are responsible for displaying the right content for each user.

I am not totally sure how this is working exactly. I am starting now on reading some things about these filters:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you want do exactly? Different content for different languages? If u want to change just the language, do the following:

Navigate to the Framework that is assigned to this user and open it.

Click on the masthead iView inside this framework and open it.

Now there is an property „Show Dropdown List in Masthead: Language Personalization for Anonymous“. Set this property to yes.

Don't forget to save your changes.

Result: the anonymous users have a drop down list for languages:)

Regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Marcus Böhm

Thanks for the reply but my requirement is Different content for different languages?

If u can throw some light on this it would be helpful

Regards

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently there are 2 ways to do this.

1. with URL iViews

These iViews have the "Language specific URLs"-Option. There you can specify which html file schould be displayed depending on the language.

But this works only for html files.

This would work fine together with the things i explained above.

2.switch between different anonymous user

This is a little bit tricky. You need an application, that is able to switch between different user. For example: Switching from user german to user english.

In this case you would have to assign the language specific contents to these users.Here is a blog that describes how to implement this application.

<a href="http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/ep/external-facing+portal+and+language+switching&">Blog Link</a>

I am working currently on this to get it running. So if you manage to do so, you could help me maybe.:)

Regards,

Marcus

Message was edited by:

Marcus Böhm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janak,

Use of resiurce bundles surely solves your problem. and for language switch, a java component with different links is the best option. as we have worked on this, i am not getting what is the exact req.

KK