cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstall MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone:

I'm doing some work on MDM 5.5, I've downloaded it from service.sap.com and It's the newest version. However, I have an older version and I want to test some features to make a comparison. I uninstalled MDM but I notice that after reinstalling I still have the repositories and the MDM servers recorded, so I believe that the uninstall wasn't so clean.

Apart from uninstalling MDM using control panel, which other files (resources, SqlServer bd) should I delete in order to get a new fresh install?

Thanks

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By uninstalling MDM you clean up only the file system and registered component. All DB-related data is not cleaning up. You can either from the console "remove repository" or go to your DB and delete it there. The database will contain repository's name so you'll easy distinguish it.

When playing with older-newer versions mind that usually newer versions require repository updates which are not un-doable operations. So create an archive before experimenting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So nothing is on the registry at all?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

you didn't ask about the registry:-)

there is some info, though I'm not sure whether it's cleaned or not after uninstalling

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i want to install MDM5.5 ,but i am not able to get this. Can u please tell me from where i get the installtion material or CD to install. i have searched also on service.sap.com but haven't found any installtion material. can u please tell me how u downloaded the MDM5.5 from service.sap.com.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can download it from the SAP SUPPORT PORTAL (find it in service.sap.com), then go to INSTALLATION and UPGRADES and then you can either search by Application Group and find it right under NetWeaver, or you can search it by name... I do believe you need to be partner to access this place tough

Regards

Alejandro

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As pointed out several times, download is restricted to existing MDM 5.5 customers and authorized partners.

Regards, Markus