cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS_TEMPLATE_NOT_FOUND runtime error for certain users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a peculiar problem in which only certain clients recieve the ITS_TEMPLATE_NOT_FOUND runtime error. We are using intergrated ITS on WebAS 6.40.

I tried clearing the browser cache and associated files etc and but it does not help everyone. The syslog entry shows that there is an error in the conversion of the protocol from SAPdiag to HTML.

Any idea what could be the issue.

Appreciate any input on this issue.

Thanks

I am on WebAS 6.40 SP 10. THe browser is IE 6.0

Message was edited by: Abdul Shaikh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Klaus for the suggestion. I will gove it a try.

I hae one doubt though, a misconfiguration of the application should result in all users getting an error.However, this problem only exists for particular users only and not everyone. I was thinking it would be related to the browser or a plugin issue, do you think it could be that ?

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

this runtime error clearly indicates that a template for the dynpro is not available. I don't that it has to do with the browser. After setting ~generatedynpro you will know for what dynpro a template is missing.

Regards,

Klaus

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Klaus was mentioning,

that particular user may be having authorization problem which is throwing some error for which no template is availalbe. using ~generatedynpro you can see the screen and correct the error or compare the authrization of that user with the authorization of the user for whom its working fine,

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

We investigated the possibility and found that actually there seems to be an issue with SAP kernel we were using.Once we upgraded the kernel the number of instances has drasitically reduced. Any kernel change seems to affect the integrated ITS a lot.

Thanks for your help.

Shall update this post should I get more details.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

the reason for this error is that a screen is processed for which no template exists. Mostly the reason is a misconfiguration within the application (mostly missing authorization or wrong customization), so an error screen of the application comes up for which no template exists. The find out what error screen is shown you can temporarily set ~generatedynpro to 1 for the service with transaction SICF. When the error occurs ITS switches to mixed mode and generates a page with the error message. With this information you can fix your application. Don't forget to remove ~generatedynpro parameter afterwards.

Best regards,

Klaus