Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error in make to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

while configureing MAKE TO ORDER i am getting the following errors

1)while saving the sales order it's asking for a g/l account no.

2) after forcefully saving the sales order i have tried to create the production order but getting error "no routing found for materil 787"

kindly help me to solve the the problem, it woul'd be beter if u send me step by step process with all configuration.

kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik

Check in VA02, choose the said line item, select "Goto --> Item --> Account Assignment. Here there will be one field settlement rule or settlement profile. Check whether GL account is assigned here. If not, assign it and retry.

Right now since I am not in front of SAP screen, I am not sure about the terminology "settlement rule or settlement profile" and sorry for the same.

Normally <b>ONLY</b> for Make to Order scenario, this field will appear in Sale order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik

The Prerequisites for Make to Order is that

Make-to-order production is controlled by the requirements type. The requirements type is determined on the basis of the MRP group and the strategy group in the material master record.

Up to Release 3.0, the requirements type is determined on the basis of the item category. For this reason, special item categories are used up to Release 3.0 for controlling make-to-order production. To make a material to order with cost management using a sales order, you must maintain the following fields in the material master:

<b>Screen</b> <b>Field</b>

MRP 1 | MRP Group

MRP 2 | Strategy Group

In addition, a plant must be assigned for make-to-order items in the sales order.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly solve my specific problem, i could not proceed untill these problems getting solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u assign the GL accounts in <b>VKOA</b>

For make to order Condition Type shd be KOFK

Try this

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sam,

many many thanks to you, after assigning my sales org with kofk cond type i have solved g/l acct problem. but another problem is still left.

After saving the sales order i have tried to create the production order but getting error "no routing found for materil 787", though i have created routing using [ca01].

i am waiting for ur valuable suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik

HI REFER BELOW REWARD IF HELPS

http://www50.sap.com/businessmaps/092BF1DFEEB2456DADD0DD0284EBE8A2.htm

MAKE TO ORDER

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ides/helpdata/en/51/95368ea1fa11d189ba0000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/industry/indusmachinerycomp/v1470/IMC_DE/html/E71_MTOSalesOrdProc_...

Make-to-Order (Customer Requirements)

Creating a Sales Order

Checking Requirements Using MRP

Requirements Planning

Converting the Planned Order into a Production Order

Confirming the Production Order

Checking the Settlement of the Production Order

Creating a Delivery

Creating a Billing Document

Checking Costs and Revenues on the Sales Order

Make-To-Stock Production

Planning a Product

Creating a Sales Order

Executing Multi-Level Requirements Planning

Converting the Planned Order into a Production Order

Withdrawing the Material for the Production Order

Confirming the Production Order

Creating a Delivery

Creating a Billing Document

REFER BELOW

Make-to-order processing takes place when inventory is not generally stoked but instead the firm wants until an order hass been placed and then produces just what has been ordered.

Ex: In this case, a deluxe motorcycle gas tank that must be produced form an unpainted tank, paint and gas cap. These are two processes that must be completed in the production -

paint the tank and when tank is dry, attach the gas cap.

The BOM are needed to create a given product. The routing information gives what processes need to be carried out in what order and even how long each process should take. All this information together can be used to determine what the total cost of the product and determining the profitability of the product.

A—Creation of materials:---

T code: MM01

Ex; 1400-7—1xx

Enter material, ind. Sector and material type.

Select the org. levels plant, stor. Location, sales org, DC, Warehoused no, storage type.

Repeat the same process for all components.

B—Creation of BOM:--

T code: CS01

C—Set up routing:--

T code: CA02

D—pricing conditions:--

T code: VK11

E—purchasing materials:--

Create a purchasing order req. for components from vendor.

Create PO: ME21

F—Receiving materials:--

GR:- MIGO

Go through MMBE then u will get stock available or not.

Process:

1. creating a sales order for product not kept in the inventory. This will atomically generated the relevant production order.

2. we assume production is done ahead of \schedule. After production is completed you will confirm production order as fully completed .

3. Newly determine the availability of sales order.

4. shipment

5. TO for delivery

6. Billing

7. Payments

Reward if useful to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it's realy help full, i have followed ur steps but while creating production order i am getting the error "no routing found for materil 787". kindly help me, i will reward you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have much idea, If u didnt get solution here,try to make a search in MM Froum. U may get the solution

Thanks