cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Capitalization date

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user has worngly capitalize the asset in wrong month oct,2007. after that he also reverse the document. but when capitalize the asset in sep,2007, system maitain the capitalization date for the month of oct. but he wants the system should adopt the capitalization date for the month of september.

is there any way to change the capitalization date etc.. or any other...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

spro->asset accoutning->master data->screen layout->Define screen layout for asset master data

Select the screen layout for the asset class under which your asset is, and in logical field groups, selected log grp 2 (Posting information)

and then in field group rules, change the capitalization date option from Display to what u want

or even to particular asset u can change in AS02

Assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to change the asset Capitalization date. But it gives a warning saying that the date should not be changed anymore. What would be the impact of such a change? Also, what would be the effect on the depreciation postings of this asset?

andres_moreno
Participant
0 Kudos

Amit I changed a capitalization date from a asset a few days before, I changed capitalization date in general data tab, and in valuation tab I change the value of field "depreciation begin", the asset is working as expected.

when I chaged the value for "depreciation begin" SAP updated automatically the future projection of depreciation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Capitalized Date can be changed via AS02. Isn't this allowed in your company settings?