cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal User Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using EP 7.0 this is under BW server so it is already having system for BI server. I saw under System Administrator-System Configuration-UME Configuration its holding BI system alias.

I created one more sys for r3, to make user maping i have to select alias under System Administrator-System Configuration-UME Configuration But its already having BI alias system.

How to make enable my r3 system without disturbing BI configuration.

Can any one guide me to do this.

Thanks and Regards

Suresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh Kumar,

For setting User mapping, follow these steps.

Right Click the system you have created and select "Object". Then in the property drop down box,

<b>Select "Connector" and gave the following details.</b>Application Host :

SAP Client :

SAP System ID :

SAP System Number :

System Type :

<b>Select "User Management" and gave the following details.</b>Logon Method : UIDPW

User Mapping Type : admin,user

Make sure that you have given <b>end user persmission</b> and also make sure that you have created the <b>system alias</b>.

Then go the <i><b>'Personalize'</b></i> link in the top corner & click the <i><b>"User Mapping"</b></i> Tab. Then select your system alias in the drop down box and provide the login details of the backend system. Then click save.

Then test the connection.

<u><b>**Reward points if you find this post helpful.</b></u>

pruthvi_r
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the User Mapping from,

<b>User Administration</b> => <b>Identity Management</b>

Search for the user and Select the username.

A details frame opens below the existing one. Navigate to last tab <b>User Mapping for System Access</b>, click modify button.

Select your system from combo box and then enter the mapped user-id and password. Click Save.

regards,

Pruthvi R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

If you want to create user mapping for the R3 system you need to:

1 create R3 system from System Administrator-System Configuration-system landscape .

2 give the system the right permission .

3 in the user details under the tab "user mapping for system access "

create the user mapping for the new r3 system .

good luck

Amit