SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Funds Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

All!

In my company Funds Management is not active. Now my management ask me for configuring Funds management.

we would like to know what will be impact on existing Funactility ( I mean what about the exiting FI, CO, SD,MM document etc)and what should consider firslty,

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it will be impact to all modules,

such as when you create PR/PO in MM module , the system requires for commitment item and fund center, also in FI module when you want to post any expense the system requires for commitment item and fund center. For SD you have to create derivation rules between sales organization with fund center.

hope that these can help u

0 Kudos

thanks for reply.we know after activating the Funds Management, the system will require Commitement item/ fund centre etc.

But we would like to know,what will be impact on the document which one already posted having no Commitement item/ fund centre etc.

is there any impact on that? what would be solution of that?

Message was edited by:

SAPFM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I wish many courages. It is not esay to integrate FM with all modules. here i am searching someone who has integrated ISU-FICA with FM and i don't have any help.

If you find some problems do not hesitate to ask me

Salvator

PSM-FM Consultant FM integrated with ISU-FICA-MM-SD-FI-CO-PSnetwork activities-CATS-BW

Suisse

Lausanne

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 10 years of experience in FM implementation (or now PSM-FM).

You want to integrate all your old data with PSM, which means to fill the PSM fields in all old documents.

My answer is yes, it is possible to have the old data with PSM fields filled, the question is: do you want really to do this?

You can start PSM and leave the old data as it was before PSM implemented. One IMPORTANT hint, consider to do the go-live in the beginning of your fiscal year, it will be much easier for everybody and every business area of your company.

One good example, I did a implementation project of PSM in 6 months (not a big one) and they concluded to reconstruct old data in 4 months, even after we have done and tested all the programs developed to do this. It is a huge job, and will envolve ABAP developers, Basis team, functional consultants of MM, FI, CO, PP, PM, SD and so on.

PSM is not an easy component that you can just attach to your current applications. It is integrated with all other modules and of course impact all of them too. You might need SAP consultants to do this in a formal project, it will be not easy and not quick.

For additional information, please check this help menu

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

If you want a specific answer regarding how to do this, I will say that will depend of the source of your documents. It can be the reconstruction tools from PSM (189761), FMCT and FMCN, BAPI´s, BADI´s, user-exits, Zprograms and so on. It is not a simple answer but I hope I could add more information to your inquiry.

Good luck

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I forgot to mentioned the core of your question.

After you implement the PSM, system will stop if the documents do not have commitment item and fund center. This is correct.

For example, if the "document" is a PR or PO in MM module, a simple dot "." in one text field of the PR or PO after implementing PSM and all the account assignments, will fulfill both fields in the PR and PO.

This dot you can do manually, batch-input. I used many times batch-input and I asked the customer to clean up before implementing PSM the PO and PRs that will be not used in the system. After that, we ran the batch-input only for the previous year plus the current, they decided to leave the others there without connection with PSM.

If the "document" is a FI one, will depend if it is a pure FI document or comes from MM. If it is a FI one you should use FMCN and FMCT (please check notes regarding both) or programs RFFMCHAT and RFFMCHAN. If comes from MM (invoice and/or goods receipt) you would need to run the reconstruction tools that I mentioned the SAP note before.

Please consider all this information as hint becase it will really depend on your business process and the definition and scope of the PSM-FM project.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.