SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation rule for service agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have derivation rules between GL-commitment item and Cost center - Fund center. now when i create PR & standard PO for type "cost center" the system is working properly by derives fund center and commitment item automatically but when i create service agreement the system doesn't derive fund center and commitment item. If anyone have any suggestions, please let me know.

11 REPLIES 11

joseluis_basalo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fristly you can check what´s happening and what account assigment are being derivated by trace FMDERIVE note 666322.

I hope this help you

Regards, JLB

0 Kudos

HI JLB,

Late response from my side, I tried to trace the service agreement that you had suggested me. No "Test FM Object Assignment - Derivation Strategy SAP" pop up for this service agreement function. Can you suggest me that i miss any configuration or not because for PR/PO created, it can work properly.

Thank you

JSG Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I still can't find the reason that why fund center and commitment item cann't derive from the derivation rule that already been set.

I have trace the derivation rule for creating scheduling agreement via transaction code ME31L , I have to enter all fields manually. When I enter the cost center and GL code, the system still needs to enter Fund centers and commitment item (can't be derived at all).

anyone can give the ideas?

0 Kudos

I just went into our QA system and tested this and it works fine. We use a derivation strategy which basically says move the entry in the GL account source field to the commitment item target field. Note that we have a one to one relationship between the GL account and the commitment item. The set up for Fund center is similiar. Most of our cost center and find centers have a one to one relationship (for a few the last two digets differ) so we have an assignment that moves the first eight characters of the cost center to the fund center target field and another that appends to zeroes on the end to account for the difference.

0 Kudos

Make sure the target fields are set to "overwrite with the new values" otherwise it may leave the field blank.

0 Kudos

Dear WIll,

I have the rule for GL=commitment item and Cost center=Fund center already and it's one to one relationship. I'm not sure that it's about configuration or not as if I create PO via tcode ME21N , the derivation rule was worked properly but when I create scheduling agreement via tcode ME31L, the derivation rule is not working. Have to put all fields manually.

Any suggestion??

Thank you very much for your reply.

0 Kudos

Are there any conditions to the derivation rule?

In my QA system, I was able to create a derivation rule GL=Committment item. It worked the first time I created a scheduling agreement using ME31L.

Then I went into the "conditon" tab of the derivation rule and entered business transaction=RMBA and RMBE (purchase requisition and purchase order respectively) and the derivation rule did not work when i created another scheduling agreement.

Other than some conditions exist or the target field attribute is needed to be set to overwrite. I am at a loss to what the problem could be.

0 Kudos

Dear Will,

Thank you for your reply.

The following is all derivation rule i have in the system respectively (now it's on QA system)

1. Cost Center = Fund Center

2. Asset Transaction Type = commitment item (non relevant)

3. Movement Type (Inventory Management) = commitment item (non relevant)

4. G/L Account Number = commitment item

5. Sales Organization = funds center and commitment item (non relevant)

that's all I have now. Now i'm not sure that in which derivation rule affect the scheduling agreement.

Please be advised.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Dear Will,

Moreover, I have test by deleting all derivation rule excluding cost center and gl. The result is the same. It should be MM configuration or not?

Thank you

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one more question: are you entering any Item category on ME31L? You should enter a valid item category in order to make the system to be able to derive an account assignment.

If you are entering an item category, is it customized to perform the accoutn assignment derivation?

Thanks!

Regards, Mar.

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

I didn't enter any item category , just use standard item category as "blank". For both normal PO and scheduling agreement , i use only standard item category.

Any ideas to share with me??

Thank you very much.

Regards,