cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Portal Navigation to redirect to the URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement where i need to log off the user which will invalidate the session and redirect the user to the Portal Login Page.

<b>The logoff.jsp is in a path like /web/logoff.jsp in the server.</b>

As there is a Problem with exit plug, I should use Portal Navigation (WDPortalNavigation API) to redirect to the log off page.

<b>Please let me know how to call the above JSP using WDPortalNavigation.</b>

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Use a link to url element in your WD view, specify the url of your logoff.jsp page.

2. in your logoff.jsp you can write

<%
IUser user = UMFactory.getAuthenticator().getloggedInUser(request, response);
user=null;
request.getsession().invalidate();

%>

Regards

Abhijith YS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

You can use WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser("/web/logoff.jsp");

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

This we alreay tried and it is not working. Once the user is Logged Off from Webdynpro, Its giving Application terminated error and not logging off...

We have tried all the possibilities you were mentioned in the another thread, but no luck.

<b>Please let me know how to use WDPortalNavigation to redirect to the above logoff.jsp file.</b>Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

The wdPortalNavigation takes the pcd path of your portal. I would suggest to navigate to the logoff page. you can put a link to url element in your WD view and specify the url of your logoff.jsp page

http://<servername>:<port>/web/logoff.jsp

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats a good idea. I have a Button Click Event, and on Action of it, I am doing a set of operation based on some condition and at the end of the operation i need to redirect to the logoff.jsp

<b>The LinkToURL in place of Button is not allowed</b>.The requirment is to have the button compulsory and i need to do those set of operation onclick of that button.

<b>Still i can use LinkToURL as a hidden element and can call the logoff.jsp and the end of the above operations on click of that button. Is it possible to achive that...</b>Please share your thoughts.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sekar,

We don't have any action attached to linkToUrl UI element. So, I don't think it would be possible to call that action from your button's action.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

Thanks for the useful answers. I will try the possiblities and if nothing works out i will inform that only link to URL can achieve this.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar