cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create webdynpro appl. to fetch data from r/3 system without bapi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please suggest regarding this issue.

I have to create a iview which display all the authorized link access to the user form the sap r/3 system and display it in portal.

like when we login to sapr/3 system we get a catalog of all that we can access at left hand side in a catalog ... in that similar way i need to show this iviewcatalog on the portal and the next iview at right side of this catalogiview should open the transaction which is clicked in the first iview,but the first iview should be there it should not disapper.

This first iview should be there from the login time of user to this logoff time...

no matter what ever transactions are carried on the right hand side iview...

and one more thing there is no existing bapi for the system.

I think this can be done using webdynpo with abap ,but not sure nor I know how to do it .. please help

Please tell me is it possible to do and if yes then how can this be done .

It will be helpful if anyone provide steps to do or any dounment to refer.

Please help it urgent...

Thanks

Gunja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gunja ,

I am web Dynpro ABAPer and for this I had discussion with portal guys .

I am not getting one thing you said , In normal r/3 also when one click on left side for example one click on Purchase order creation menu when Transcation is opened earlier screen is replaced by PO creation screen .

Ok now about your problem , I don’t think you need to do web Dynpro Custom dev . probably .

In Portal only you need to develop tree having all those menu in one Iview on Left . Lets call lef Iview .

And you need to some kind on coding to call that corresponding transaction in next I view lets call RightIview .

On creation of Material Creation menu in LeftIview , you need to show Traction iview of MM01 in RightIview . May you can use Easy web Transactions (EWT) .

Put this query in EP as well.

Now still if someone suggested you web dynpro ABAP then In web Dynpro ABAP you need to develop tree on left where all menus will be shown and in Transparent container next to it you need to call those transaction .(This sounds easy but for this its big custom development in it as entire transaction need to be developed )

If I am wrong in understanding ideology of your web dynpro based solution then clear me why you thought so I may suggest different way .

Regards ,

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Thanks for reply ..

Please suggest a diffenet way, what you are thinking of???

Acctually I had discussion with a portal guys and they suggested to do so ....

Still I am in dialema that how to do this thing??

Please suggest a simple (less time taking ) and worthy solution for this problem..

Please suggest its urgent

Thanks

Gunja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gunja ,

I am web Dynpro ABAP consultant and for your problem , I discussed issue with my EP team mates and I suggested you solution .

Now I am not getting first thing is Why you want go for web Dynpro ABAP .

How you feel that these requirement need Web Dynpro ABAP because as far I know EP there is something in EP called as transcatio Iview where one call standard SAP trascation in EP with any involvement of web Dynpros.

I have some question for you .Do you have any idea about EWT ( Easy web Trascation ) , ITS web pages and EP .Because that it self can do this job .

No need of web Dynpros .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

I know that transactional iview can do it .

But I dont want it in the way it is done by transactional iview.the transactional iview will directly go to the specifed transaction code provided to it .

But my query is to create two different iviews ,1 showing the favorites of the user and when the user click it any one of them. the transaction to be opened in the second view(right side to first one).

and the first ivew should not disapper from screen as the transaction opens in second iview.

Thanks

Gunja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gunja ,

As far I know web Dynpro ABAP , one can take some Tcdoe in web Dynpro .

Below I am pasting answer I gave for on similar thread .

hi its possible ,

Option 1.

do as follows

1. take new view

2. click over view in left tree .

3. Click on wizard Icon

4. Extract Standard Tree

5. YOu will get screen , form etc option s

6 . Take screen and specify u r program name and all .

<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/parrysdn/UntitledAlbum/photo#5124419458543968274">Try this out</a>

option two .

1. Make ITS template of tht transction .

for this may u can see ITS threads.

2. call that ITS from web Dynpro ABAP

other than that ...there is some sample example avilable where they have demostrated how some Tcode can be called from web Dynpro ABAP .In that example u specify Tcode ...it will execute it . But I dont remember its name ..Sorry

Regards ,

Parag