Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calucating Proportional factor in DP 5.0

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one explain me

1. how to calculate proportional factor in DP?

2. What KF we need to assign for dissagregation of Forecast and History in Planning Area?

Thanks for your responce

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

if you want to use std functionality of Calculate prop factor.

Go to DP --> Enviornment --> Calculate Prop Factor. T code - MC8V.

Here you have to use Std Key Figure 'APODPDANT' as calculate prop factor, means result of prop factor directly populate in this KF.

Vishal..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Vishal's point, you need to use APODPDANT' key figure as dissagrgation KF for forecast in Planningarea for dissagregation. The calculation type should be 'P' in planning area Key figure aggregation tab.

If yo put these settings and once proportional factor is calculated, forecast will be dissagregated based on the prop factor.

Hope it helps u.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it is helpful...

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thanks for your answers. What i wanted to know is

1. While calculating proportional factor in MC8V i selected planing area in both and enter into calculate proportional Factor.

What should i mention in KF field ( is it history KF or Forecast KF)?

Do i need to run calculate proportional factor for all KF's or just forecast KF?

Please let me know

Thanks for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

In MC8V:

In the "Basis for Proportion calc." section you enter the history kf.

In the "Calc. proportions for" section it should default to "Proportional Factor" (i.e., APODPDANT)

The result is stored in APODPDANT.

In the planning area you will have assigned the Aggregation method 'P' with APODPDANT in the Key Figure field against all key figures that are to use this calculated proportional factor, so the answer to your second question is no.

Hope this helps.

M

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks