cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic refrush of BW Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I have a question. I have a workbook with two queries. Each query has three different Characteristic value variables (one for month, one for year and the other to select a Hierarchy element.) The hierarchy has 400 nodes. User need to select the node for which he needs the report.

The problem here is the user does not want to select each and every hierarchy node. He would like to automate this report. That means, if he selects values for only month and year, the report should run for all the 400 nodes separately and saves as different sheets in the workbook.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the links. But, the first link is not working and second link is taking me to "SAP Business Information Warehouse" page. Can you please see this?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can do this in 7.0 scenario by opening those workbooks in Bex analyser

and u can add the property of automatic refresh of data when ever u open workbook.by clicking on the refresh button and save the work book again.if u click once on this button it will pause the refresh,at that time u have to refresh manually after opening work book.if u click anothertime on that refresh button and save workbook it will automatically refresh ur workbook when u open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sunil.

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Which version of BW are you using? If it is BW 3.5 you can use the reporting agent to solve your problem.

If you are using the BW 7 you can use the precaliculated value sets.

Where you can create packages and run the background to get the desired results without waiting much time

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the reply. I am using BW 3.5. I never used the reporting agent. So, can you please mention the steps for the reporting agent? Also, if you have any links/documents regarding the reporting agent, can you please forward them?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

RK

To understand your issue, the user just wants to arrive at work and have the report run and is waiting for him/her?

If so can bookmarks be created for the user? this would be a simple option

If not....

Have you looked at the possibilities of Broadcasting?

You can use the BEx Broadcaster to precalculate BEx web applications, queries and workbooks, then distribute these by email.

try this link it may help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem40bw/helpdata/EN/ef/4c0b40c6c01961e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Good Luck

Ben

PS assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. The user just wants to see the report when he arrives at work. But, the problem is with the variables (I have mentioned about these variables in my question). So, my question is how those variables picked automatically (when we use bookmarks/ Broadcasting option)? Can you please mention the steps for bookmark?

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

RK