cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How in BPM can I have either a synchonous send or a receive step which depended on the return message executes a certain logic.

I will receive a response I think from a sync send step and based on this reponse lets say if the response is true then I want to continue with the BPM as normal but if the response is false then I want to go to an alternative branch of execution?

How do I do that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mendez,

Check out below thread...would be helpful...

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone shed some more light pleas on how to raise exceptions in BPM... so If I get a specific response message then I want the process to perfrom one alternative send step then terminate...

I need a dummy guide to exception as I haven't done this before

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mendez,

>>how to raise exceptions in BPM

exceptions can be raised by a sync/async send step, a transformation step or a control step.

when an exception is raised u need to have an exception handler branch in the same or out block. this branch is executed. u can have any step or logic in this branch.

go thru this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

>>If I get a specific response message then I want the process to perfrom one alternative send step then terminate...

in the exception branch have the send step followed by a control step to cancel process.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.