Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS Java 7.10: Can't create JCO destination 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in SLD

jens_hottendorf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I registered my J2EE 7.10 in the central SLD (sldmain.wdf.sap.corp:53000) successfully and created JCO destinations WD_RF_METADATA_DEST + WD_MODELDATA_DEST there. But the deployment of a WD application using Adaptive RFC fails because the above JCO destinations are not found (or access to SLD fails at all?). I didn't find any documentaion on how exactly the 2 destinations must be configured. On the central SLD there's no test/ping function for JCO-destinations! Could it be that my WD-deployer still tries to access a local SLD?

<b>Root Cause</b>

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

<b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.</b>

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter(JCOClientConnection.java:442)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.init(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:230)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sl.AbstractJCOClientConnection.<init>(AbstractJCOClientConnection.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.<init>(JCOClientConnection.java:106)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.getJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:138)

Thanks and regards,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jen,

Edit your JCo destinations and make sure you have Metadata as data type. I am guessing you are getting this error becuase you might have selected Application data as data type.

Hope this helps