cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap..& uninstall

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can we completely uninstall a sap instance..running the uninstall only deletes the files, how do we clean up the database and remove all the objects for that install...in this case the schema is sapprd....any ideas or notes on how to delete the entire schema for that instance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

First Uninstall your SAP Application Server in the add or remove programs

Second Uninstall your Oracle database by OUI and delete /usr and /oracle folder in the system.

Clear your registry with regedit

Restart your system , you will find it successful

regards

Sudhakar Manoharan

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do we uninstall a specific instance....when there are more than one present...? and when we dont want to remove the rest

Message was edited by:

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can do that by running SAPInst .. there you can find the option for the same, if you get any doubts plz let me know.

Reward points**

Regards,

C

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i ran sapinst and i dont get any option to uninstall a specific instance and also drop the schema from the database.....?

Can you please clarify..

Regards

Ravi Raman

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You should provide the OS and Database involved ?

If its Windows, I think there is some SAPUninst.exe or something like that in the 'run' directory..

If its UNIX.. clean up /usr/sap/<SID> and database stuff depends on the database installed.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI:

Is your System NW04s/7.0 based or is it a different version?

The newer releases are uninstalled through the sapinst DVD. The older systems could be uninstalled though add/remove programs.

It asks you during the uninstall process if you want to keep the DB or get rid of it.

But, the exact uninstall process would depend on the release of your SAP system.

Release 700 (Current), Release 640, Release 620 etc etc.

Also, what is your DB platform?

Thanks!

Reward points if you find the answer useful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

To uninstall sap first uninstall a sap instance from add remove program it will uninstall the sap installation files and uninstall oracle by oracle installer then manually delete all the oracle and sap related files and directory then clean your registry, go to regedit and delete the SAP and oracle related registry entry then restart your computer

Regards

Subhash