cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source system connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have just moved some update rules from dev to qa system and I am testing the data loads. All the datatargets have a same source system ST3 which is a r3 qa source system, all loads go fine except from one datasource

When i try to specity dates in the data selection tab of the infopackage, i get an error saying "could not make connection to source system ST3". I replicated this particular datasource in the source system but no use. If i schedule the load with out specifying dates, it times out.

I checked all the objects and they are active.

I have run a check on the source system and it says connection ok.

What is special about this infopackage and what are the things to check in such a case.

Please suggest.

Thanks..points will be assigned

Message was edited by:

Sridhar Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Try checking the datasource in RSA3

2.It will let u know is the datasource OK.

3.So we can make a point that there is some problem in RFC connection or update rules..

Let us know..

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the response.

I dont have access to the system now, but if I check the datasource in RSA3 and if it looks fine but i still get the same error what shd i do next.

Like i mentioned this source system works just fine for other datasources, would it still be a RFC connection problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked RSA3 and it says 'datasource not defined in the source system'.

Just for verification i checked my other datasources also and I get the same msg. What does it mean?

let me know.

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Sridhar Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have moved update rules from dev to qas....right?

Are you using the same source system for DEV and QAS?

Regards,

Rajesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sridhar

u can check the ststus of source system in RSA1->modelling->source sytem search for ur source system ST3 right click on it go to check .

it will give u ur source system status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Replicate your data source and activate your transfer structure again. Sometimes these errors occur if you source system ST3 is refreshed recently.

Thanks

Yashu Raj