Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy webdynpro on Potal and locally for Testing

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guys

I am using a Developer studio for developing the webdynpro on my PC. I have created an sample application but while deploying it on my local PC I am getting following error.

Oct 24, 2007 8:51:26 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

Can any one tell whats the reason. Secondly can any body explain how to deploy the webdynpro on Enterprise Portal. Is there would be some transport system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adnan,

Make sure your Local J2EE Engine is up and running and from your NWDS - Preferences- SAP J2EE Engine - give your local server settings. Then it will show in the J2EE Engine. If it shows in the J2EE Engine view, you can start deployment to the local server.

I Hope you have Local Portal in your system. All Deployed applications will be showed in the Portal. No transportation is required.

After Login to your Portal you need to create a Web Dynpro iview

Here is the link for that.

Regards,

Sridhar

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar

What are the steps to make sure that J2EE engine is running on my local PC.

Thanks

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at this blog...

<a href="/people/umair.salam/blog/2006/02/20/setting-up-the-netweaver-development-environment-part-i up the NetWeaver development environment</a>

<a href="/people/umair.salam/blog/2005/12/13/beginning-ep-development EP Development</a>

Raja T

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After giving J2EE Engine details in the Preferences - from J2EE Engine view will show the server in Green colour. You can get J2EE Engine view from NWDS - window - Show View - J2EE Engine.

If you are using local j2ee engine, select 2nd radio button from Preferences - SAP J2EE Engine(J2EE Engine installed on local system)

Hope it is working for you.

Sridhar

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your server in NWDS (Windows ->prefferences->J2EE Engine)

Window -> Prefrences -> SAP J2EE engine -> Here Enter the values of Message Server Host and Message Server Port.

if it is down right click on J2E instance00 your server name and start your server if it not showing green signal

Raja T

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. I am developing it first time. Can you explain how can I know what is my Message Server Host i.e from where I get Message Server Host and Port Number. Secondly from where I will start J2EE engine on my local PC.