Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Costing

i807185
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a product costing related question and hope you can help me with that.

I have a customer in the Contact Lens business using Brands and SKUs (a few 100 SKUs can be part of a brand).

<b>One of the customer's requirements is to be able to use an average standard cost across brands and push these average standard costs down to the SKUs underneath.</b>

I understand <b>that SAP supports bottom-up product cost planning. Can we also handle top-down product cost planning or handle the requirement above</b> either in standard or using a workaround (with a user exit)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the individual SKU is not going to have an estimate of its own, the profitablity analysis may be affected.

We can force-enter one standard price across various same branded SKUs through some feature, but may not have the luxury of the breakdown of cost components.

You may want to give a thought to Variant configuration.

i807185
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot. What would be the options for the issue described using Variant Configuration?

Thanks for your help.

Christian

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A product with many variants is stored in the system as a configurable material. A BOM and routing are created in Production Planning for this purpose. The maximum BOM contains the material components required for the product, and the maximum routing contains all the operations required to produce the product.

You <b>define characteristics</b> (such as color) and characteristic values (red, green, blue, and so forth). A specific variant of the material is configured by selecting the characteristics and their values.

You can<b> configure the material in a sales order</b> and manufacture the material based on the sales order. Where a variant is frequently used or produced for stock, you can store the variant as a material master record and configure it there.

Object dependencies link the selected characteristic values to the material components required to manufacture the variant. Using this information, the system calculates the corresponding BOM components (from the maximum BOM) and operations (from the maximum routing) for the configurable material.

The <b>standard cost estimate</b> for configured materials is carried out <b>using standard dependencies</b>.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/7e/cb857b43a311d189ee0000e81ddfac/content.htm">Additional Details.</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Thorugh Mr21 you can change the price for all the products by puting a fixed price of 5000 . This will not work if you have quantity structure

2. in valuation varinat of the costing variant put the stratergy u ( valuation thorugh user exit) and with the help of your abaper try to activate SAP enahncement COPCP005 EXIT_SAPLCK21_002

It should work, Tey to create a Z table for your price strucutre for all the materialswhich you want to fix same price...

Hoep it will work for you. PLease let me know the result

If hepful assign points

Cheers

PK