Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivating a object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a quick question regarding the best practice for the below.

In cases where a object is not maintained for some reason in the role (with auth values), is it generally recommended to inactivate it or is it advisable to delete the auth object and add it back (pull it from SU24 when I need it). I am just wondering if the role will become too heavy with too many inactivated objects if i continue inactivating objects.

Share your thoughts

ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is always recommended that you inactivate the object and not delete it when you don't need it.

You don't always generate profile in expert mode...it is recommended to do so only after making some su24 changes.

After generating profile in expert mode, all the su24 changes come into the profile. At times you may not need other changes to come(from other objects) and just because you deleted an objet you might be forced to either generate the role in expert mode or manually add the object, which may not be good.

Also, it is useful for reference purpose to have objects inactivated than deleted.

Hope it helps!! Points are welcome.

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is always recommended that you inactivate the object and not delete it when you don't need it.

You don't always generate profile in expert mode...it is recommended to do so only after making some su24 changes.

After generating profile in expert mode, all the su24 changes come into the profile. At times you may not need other changes to come(from other objects) and just because you deleted an objet you might be forced to either generate the role in expert mode or manually add the object, which may not be good.

Also, it is useful for reference purpose to have objects inactivated than deleted.

Hope it helps!! Points are welcome.

Thanks!!