cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Default" inside a Data Type Definition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i create a Data Type in Repository, and add elements, one of the columns is "Default".

I could not get any documentation on where it could be used.

I was thinking like giving default values would enable me to have a message interface with values(inside the BPM) as soon as the container variable is defined without having to do a receive or a mapping.

Another use i was thinking of is - avoid giving constants when i do the mapping and instead let these default get populated

Any Pointers/Hints are welcome!!

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

"You can specify any default value here. For information on how to instruct the proxy runtime to take default values into account, see: Activating Extended XML Handling (ABAP proxy runtime) or Default and Initial Values in Java (Java proxy runtime). Default values are not relevant for mapping programs<b> (in particular in message mappings, where they are ignored)</b>."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/6ca54c596a97478b1255898a0542d0/content.htm

remember about this section:

"in particular in message mappings, where they are ignored"

hope it clears up a little where you can use it:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But i was having this feeling like if this was taken into account in the mapping, it would have been great !

An example is like i am making a "JDBC Select call" inside a BPM to look up for parameterized values from an SQL table. Here it has all constants making up the source request message. Defaults if considered would have helped.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Answers (0)