Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

HR sync to LDAP - specify destination OU?

Hi all,

<b>Note</b>: We are not using NetWeaver IdM on my project, so the following refers only to tools available in NetWeaver ABAP+Java 7.0. The HR - LDAP sync I talk about has been around since R/3 4.7.

I am configuring a scenario to synchronise employees from HR to LDAP (Active Directory in this case). The company's AD instance has several top-level OUs containing users, and I want new users to be created in another top-level OU (e.g. OU=NewUsers,dc=company,dc=com).

As standard in transaction LDAP, I can specify the LDAP server to use OU=NewUsers, but then existing users only get synchronised if they are underneath OU=NewUsers (i.e. users in other top-level OUs fdo not get synced).

I need existing users to be synchronised if they exist anywhere in the directory, and currently the only way to do this is to specify the LDAP server as dc=company,dc=com, which means that all new users get put in the top of the directory tree instead of in OU=NewUsers.

Can anyone tell me how to set up HR-LDAP sync so that new users get put in OU=NewUsers but all users in other OUs still get synced?

Best regards,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question