Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of a FILE adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to find out the way to elaborate following scenario:

The user wants to execute a program in R3 (at any time) so that it takes some information from a file (stored in a third party) and compares that information with its own one.

That is why i though following scenario could be valid:

<b>R3</b> <-rfc_sync-> <b>XI</b> <-ftp- <b>Third Party</b>

Sender FTP (async)

Sender/Receiver RFC (sync)

Does anybody of you have an idea of how to implement it the best way?

i need to know if it is possible to activate the file adapter that will bring the info to XI just after the RFC request arrives at XI (i mean, when the user executes the program).

any clues?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

David

Message was edited by:

David De Miguel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the case why dont you write the logic in ABAP report to read the file directly from FTP server? I didnt really see any need of having XI in between.

If you really want to use the XI with your scenario, i guess you need to go for Sync-Async bridge with BPM for you requirement.

Please check the blog below,

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Hope this helps.

Prasad Babu.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

A possible, although not very good solution, could be to do just a

FTP --> XI --> R3.

you can set your file adapter to pool the file from the ftp every 15 minutes, and rewrite the file in the R3 server. If you do that, you only have to code a program in R3 that compare the two files.

Rewriting the file you avoid to have lots of files in the R3 system, although a better solution is not rewriting, but adding a datetime to the filename, so your program always takes the lastest info, then you execute a simple job that deletes the files you don't need ( for example, all the yesterday files )

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I will try to clarify my current situation:

These are my requirements:

<b>User will execute a program in R3 that will compare its data with other info located in a legacy system (in a flat file). They want to see the result of the comparison just after having executed the program.</b>

1option) send the file to the R3 and compare the data locally in the R3. (use of XI is not mandatory)

2option) Everytime the legacy generates a file, XI collects and stores it in its File system (overwritting allowed). Then, when the user executes the program,<i> a sync RFC request the data and get it back from XI(in the response).</i>

Right now i am focused on the 2option (the first one will work), i have the file in XI but i do not know how to map the data in the file with the RFC structure(the italic letters)

could you please help?

best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Explain it in detail,ru working FTP sender and RFC is the receiver and what exactly u need i cant understand.

i done one senario were i will get data for Legacy and i have to insert into R/3 were i have two funtion modules,i have to do using BPM concept but i have used LOOKUP concept and wrote a UDF in mapping and done the senario.

Upade the thread,if ur senario is same like mine then use Lookups.

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

might have to do a little trick..not sure if this will work...

1) execute the r3 program....get result and based on result...write a file in a specified location...

2) get the file into XI and then poll that directory..if that file exists..then continue..else dont process....might have to use bpm though..

Regards

Ravi