cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE_ADMIN password ageing change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Due to our user policies (password expires every 30 days) I have just been prompted to change the J2EE_ADMIN password when I logged on as it on the ABAP System, I cancelled this and did not change the password, I then logged onto the visual administrator and got the same prompt to change password.

Where does the password require changing?

Our UME source is the ABAP instance : dataSourceConfiguration_r3_rw.xml

If I change the password on the ABAP side, do I also have to change the password in the secure store on the config tool? or, If I change the password in the Visual Administrator do I need to change the password on the ABAP side?

I thought using the ABAP instance as the user data source means that any password changes are replicated from ABAP to Java ? but I've also read about problems if you do not set the passwords in the secure store ?

Does anyone have any guidance on the order in which you should change the J2EE_ADMIN password? I am concerned about causing problems for the SDM etc as we are planning to deploy SP 20.

We are running NW04 (BW 3.5) SP19.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to change the password at two places. As this is a dual stck system, you need to change the password on ABAP using SU01 and also on JAVA side using configtool. Make sure to use the same password on both places.

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my understanding is correct with dataSourceConfiguration_r3_rw.xml you can change the password from ABAP or JAVA side provided SAPJSF user has the required authorizations.

I am not sure here please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but I think things like the SDM can then have a problem as the password is in the secure store, and this password is not updated when you change the password in ABAP or Java ?