cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find total size of messages that have passed through XI

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there a was to sum up the size (in bytes) of all the messages that have gone through XI? Is there a way to do this in Run Time Workbench?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the official method that you must use for reporting volume to SAP.

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you. The last 2 suggestions were what I was looking for.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

If anyone can find a more elegant solution, I would really appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodel,

If you could find out the sap table where Message is stored / or probably u can find messge size as well somewhere in table..then you can run simple query on this table with date and would return you all messages for that date with payload and size....now only thing is you need to find out table which hold this information.

Just a thought...

Here is table which hold payload as well as size of the same..SXMSCLUP ( Field CLUSTR holds size and MSGGUID actual payload...

Now you can create a view with table SXMSPMAST and SXMSCLUP and get the payload size with date/time filteration...

Hope this will help

Nilesh

Message was edited by:

Nilesh Kshirsagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not excatly sure about this but i think this is correct.

Goto RWB->Performance Monitoring-> select date range and mark Aggregation Interval to which ever is most appropriate.

From the results take the Number (total number of messages) and multiply with the Size (Bytes) column value.

If there are more than one line in the results, then do the above for each line and add these values to get the total size of messages processed by XI in that select time frame.

Also, if you have solution manager configured, the early watch report (for us it gives a weeks' data) will tell you how many messages and the size of each message in each Interface.

Regards,

Balaji.M

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried RWB to pull the data but selecting Aggregation will not sum up the size. What it does is return the average size based on interval selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodel,

Check out this blog....might be usefull.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4fbe7b8e-0a01-0010-b69b-b7e71737...

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I was hoping I could get this data without additional development as the article suggests. However in the short term I was able to find a quick and dirty way to find the data I needed by going to RWB -> Performance Monitoring -> select IS for Datasource and choosing Overview Individually in the Display drop down. This will return all the messages and related detail information which includes message size. I then click on download to download the information in a text file. Then I import this text file into a local database and from there I'm able to do all sorts of queries.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcode- Sxmb_Moni you can find the Message size for individual Message.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

rodel_nanca3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually this won't help me because the size of the message is not displayed as one of the fields. In order to see the size of the message one would have to drill down into the message to see the size details.