cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the XSD without impacting the Mappig?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have an External Definition Message from XSD and some of the mapping is already done.

Now How can I change that XSD (from which Message is derived) so that changes in XSD are reflected in IB and at the same time old mappings are intact?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for their contribution...;)

Here what I did and what I intend to do..

I am in the process of mapping and have not yet completed the mapping, infact I am missing some of the required mandatory field mapping as well. So in this case if I create Mapping Template, I can't Activate it, as some of the Mandatory fields are missing..hence using Mapping Template does not help under present circumstances

The change I want to do is to repeat couple of Segments (Nodes).

Basically I imported an IDoc, this imported Object has just one segment for which the Max allowable Segment, as per the IDoc type definition, is more than one. I want to add more similar Node (Segment) in the message. I could not do that in Imported IDoc Object (XI doesn't allow that). I created XSD out of this imported IDoc object and created another message...and now I want to add more similar Nodes in the XSD...

My question is if, in between, I change XSD...would the old mapping remain there (The mapping I created from the XSD before changing that)...

Once again thanking all Gurus out there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

why do you not just copy your Message Mapping and try what happens if you change the reference from the IDoc to the External Message in this copy? If the result is ok, you can do the same in the original Mapping (or just proceed with your copy).

Greetings Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you change the xsd and reopen the mapping, the existing mappings between elements that have not changed will remain. However you need to be careful because this is taken in a very strict sense by XI.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the hierarchy is not changed in the XSD, previous mapping remains but if you change the Hierarchy, like add some node at parent level, mapping disappears(It should be rt..)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if you change the hierarchy, as far as XI is concerned it is a different structure and thus a different message. However if you have just made minor changes like added a element and the other undisturbed elements do not change in terms of structure and hierarchy, then the older mappings might remain.

Cheers

Manish