cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Identifiers to route IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI we will receive XML files from many different parties and map them to ORDERS IDocs. This IDoc type demands that in order to convert external party numbers to SAP internal, the IDoc must be mapped correctly to a customer partner profile (the SNDPRT of the control record is part of the key of the EDPAR table that allows this to happen).

I have read that this is possible using identifiers such as ALE#KU in the communication channel and party definition, but I have only seen the case where one value is mapped to the party.

Here is my problem; the XML files all arrive in one file directory for processing, and I only want to use one communucation channel to process the files.

Is there a way that I can inspect the value of a field in the XML file, and use that to set the correct ALE#KU value in the party so that the IDoc is routed to the correct partner profile?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One other option is to write some java code to parse the xml and find a node value then base the decision to set the correct ale value, the java code should be pretty straightforward for this...

//parse the xml file

//String name = document.getElementByName();

if(name.equalsIgnoreCase){

//set value for ale

}

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the file you must be getting the data of different customers. So what you do is use the value mapping with the source field in which you are identifying the data related to different customer and map it to SNDPRN.

Maintain the value mapping table which will help in Configuration to find out which data belongs to which customer and hence the respective IDOC will be posted for the respective customer depending upon the right configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos