Website look and feel for ECommerce
I have some basic conceptual questions when it comes to CRM Ecomm. For example, we have www.nike.com
1. How can we integrate the nike.com look and feel of the website with CRM Ecommerce? Like for example, nike has its own colors, navigation methods within its website. How do we map this design to the SAP CRM Ecommerce functionality? How and where do web designers come into the picture? (we have to create a webshop, but the webshop does not have nike.com look and feel right?)
2. Nike has pictures for its products. How do we link these pictures with the products? Like, when a B2C customer is browsing nike.com and chooses a particular shoe design, how does the system pick the product id in the back end and use this product in the sales order? (I know we have to replicate a product catalog, technical information would be appreciated)
3. When a customer decides to buy a product, he enters his name, shipping address, credit card details. How do we map these to the CRM back end and automate CRM to create a sales order?
Your insight is appreciated. Points are the least I could give. Thanks!
Paul Kondaveeti replied
Yes. You can integrate existing web external catalogs (you may say it as website) into CRM ISA
1. Yes you need to create a webshop, because shopping basket initialization takes via the webshop. You need to create a small dummy CRM catalog for internal purposes and you can hide this in the webshop
2. Shopping basket can be integrated via a specific CRM ISA action call. for. e.g. 'Buy Now' button from one of the products page can initiate this call with ISA specific parameters. There is no standard IPC integration available. You may need to call IPC using webmethods or someother java calls.
3. When you install CRM 5.0, components J2EE, IPC and ISA will get installed automatically. You have to install TREX separately.
Do not forget to reward if it helps,