cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website look and feel for ECommerce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some basic conceptual questions when it comes to CRM Ecomm. For example, we have www.nike.com

1. How can we integrate the nike.com look and feel of the website with CRM Ecommerce? Like for example, nike has its own colors, navigation methods within its website. How do we map this design to the SAP CRM Ecommerce functionality? How and where do web designers come into the picture? (we have to create a webshop, but the webshop does not have nike.com look and feel right?)

2. Nike has pictures for its products. How do we link these pictures with the products? Like, when a B2C customer is browsing nike.com and chooses a particular shoe design, how does the system pick the product id in the back end and use this product in the sales order? (I know we have to replicate a product catalog, technical information would be appreciated)

3. When a customer decides to buy a product, he enters his name, shipping address, credit card details. How do we map these to the CRM back end and automate CRM to create a sales order?

Your insight is appreciated. Points are the least I could give. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi King,

Your requirements are very much achievable by using CRM Internet sales.

1. Yes. The out of box webshop design is not attractive, but a good proof of concept to start with. CRM 5.0 B2C webshop is built on frame-less design, which allows each customer to design their webshop as per their own branding as you see in nike (infact nike is also implenting CRM e-commerce). In ISA you can use property files which control the look and feel. e.g. colors, font sizes etc. For the navigation methods you have to change the flow logic of ISA application which costs more time. But it is very much possible with more good ISA technical resources.

2. It is very much possible to attach images to each product shown in the webshop. You can achieve this in two ways. If you have an existing catalog, you can integrate that into CRM webshop by using SAP OCI (open catalog interface) or you can build your own catalog in CRM with pictures and publish it onto SAP TREX search engine. Webshop then picks those images and products from the TREX. TREX used the product GUIDs and this will get automatically mapped with product ID. Nothing to worry. It is very much procen concept.

3. CRM Webshop comes with inbuilt shopping basket and credit card functionality. Uopn saving the shopping basket, a sales order will get created in CRM along with the credit card authorization.

I have done many SAP CRM E-commerce implementations before, and you can go ahead with 100% confidence to implement a new webshop for your company.

If required you can contact me directly for further information. My e-mail can be seen in my profile.

<b>Do not forget to reward, if it helps,</b>

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul. Thanks for your prompt reply. I have a few questions, which I wanted to ask you in the forum before reaching out to you through your email. Thanks for offering help.

What options does one have when integrating CRM back end with the client's web site?

Can we use an existing website and connect that to CRM ?

1. In this case do we still have to create a web shop, product catalog?

2. How do we integrate shopping basket, IPC with this web site?

3. What components do we need? J2EE, TREX, IPC?

Appreciate your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi King,

Yes. You can integrate existing web external catalogs (you may say it as website) into CRM ISA

1. Yes you need to create a webshop, because shopping basket initialization takes via the webshop. You need to create a small dummy CRM catalog for internal purposes and you can hide this in the webshop

2. Shopping basket can be integrated via a specific CRM ISA action call. for. e.g. 'Buy Now' button from one of the products page can initiate this call with ISA specific parameters. There is no standard IPC integration available. You may need to call IPC using webmethods or someother java calls.

3. When you install CRM 5.0, components J2EE, IPC and ISA will get installed automatically. You have to install TREX separately.

Do not forget to reward if it helps,

Regards,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi King,

Appreciated your prompt rewarding. Your prompt rewarding encourages forum members to address the issues in a better way. Keep in touch

Thanks,

Paul Kondaveeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Sir, It is our pleasure to have people like you helping out.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In our application we use inventories to display the material. Its a customized view and we do not show the Product Catalog view. Is it possible to pick up product and add it to shopping basket without mapping it through a Product Catalog?

Note: For time being we have dummy Catalog Configured.