cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Determination question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Is it possible to have several mapping programs in the Interface Determination and execute all in the same instance? I’ll explain better, I’ve two mapping programs in my Interface Determination and I want to execute both at the same time. I don’t want to execute just one based on the XPath conditions, but I would like to run both mappings.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not possible to run the 2 Mapping program in the 1 interface determination, the reason is in the Inter detemination you can select the single Interface mapping.

But you can run the 2 Mapping program in the interface Mapping ( while selecting the MM program there) but for this your requiremtn should be somethign like 2 level mapping........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Thanks for the answer, but can you be more clear? You are talking about Multi-Mapping?

Regards,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Well, if I understood - 2 MM in sequence on my Interface Mapping. I still don't get the point. How this approach could help me? I need to generate 2 IDocs at the end and with your apporach I'm just filter the values to one target... Am I right?

Regards,

Ricardo.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my approach is not the solution for you requiremtn..i was just trying to give you example of using the 2 MM in IM....if you have to generete the IDOC using 2 different MM in 1 Interface determination...i think not possible....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

You can use two message mappings in one interface mapping provided the target of first mapping is the source of second message mapping. If it is your requirement then in interface mapping:

source>MM1>target1

target1>MM2>target2

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks I already now your suggestions. My requirement is a little bit more tricky I would like to run 2 MM inside the Interface Determination (Integration Configuration object). Based on content field I'm selecting the right content for each mapping and I want to run both at the same time. Not only one MM like Interface Determination usual do based on a XPath condition.

Did you get the point? Any ideas?

Thanks In advance,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Quintino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i guess your problem is related to Conditional interface determination and not about message mapping.

you have one condition and if that condition is satisfied you want to send the message to two separate interfaces using two separate interface mappings,right?

if the above is correct,please try to give same condition for both the interfaces in conditional interface determination and see if it works

have not tried it though

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue is solved!!! I used the BPM to split the message and route it to two senders. With this approach I'll have two Receiver Determination/Interface Determination, one for each IDoc/Mapping instead of one Interface Determination for two IDocs/Mappings. And now I'm able to send a message and execute it in parallel for both Mappings.

Thank you all

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if this helps.

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service

Regards,

Balaji.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can run two mapping in interface determination.. no issue there...just add the second interface mapping below the first one...you can execure n number of mapping there..

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjeet,

the requiremtn what he is mentiong is to run 2 MM in 1 Interface determinatin not in the Interface mapping......

he needs to genereate 2 IDOC using 2 MM in single Interface determintaino.....