Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading file in Background mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

When I run the program in Fore ground and Back ground (Immediately when press F9, without schedule) I am getting same result, I can able to download file in a local file. Please I like to know whether it is correct or not?

If it is not correct, How to download the file into presentation server (Local file) when program run in back ground mode (Immediately when press F9, without schedule)?

Please give your valuable suggestions. Please send the code if you have.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can not download file in a presentation server using your Background job. That is a limitation from SAP. Instead you can download file to presentation server. Or you can add mailing the file to user id functionality.

Hope this helps.

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

You need to write the code to download the file when you are executing in back ground.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

It is not possible to download file to presentation while running the code in background,

however u can download to application server and later u can download to presentation using CG3Z transaction

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I manage to do that by using some PHP/SAP integration...Maybe it could help you -:)

<a href="/people/alvaro.tejadagalindo/blog/2007/04/15/tasting-the-mix-of-php-and-sap--volume-12 the mix of PHP and SAP - Volume 12</a>

Greetings,

Blag.