cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balancing Entries under 710/ Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I may be too far behind on my Windows GUI isntallation procedures, so I could use some help. I am testing the 710 GUI under Vista, on my older GUI versions I used to copy the saplogon.ini, sapmsg.ini and sapdoccd.ini files into the "winnt" folder, then updated the services file with any entries I needed in there. All that was done using a command / dos prompt via a script. With Vista it doesn't allow you to touch said folders / files from a dos prompt. So I see there is a scripting area inside of the server installation for the GUI, so using the help I modified my old dos script and put it in there. It seems to work OK in XP as I get my logon entries in the SAP Logon window, etc. but under Vista I still get nothing. So how can I get my system entries to be in there for the users when they instal from the server installation ???

Lloyd Campbell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware that it that the files need to go in a different location, it still isn;t working for me from that script section of the serer installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I couldn't find the referenced note. The scripting samples from Note 1035560 copy SAPLOGON.INI into %WINDIR%:

Example 1: Copying a customized “SapLogon.ini” and “sercvices”-file:

'This scripting can be added to the “On End Install” section of a SAP GUI 710 package event script.

'It distributes your special version of the “SapLogon.ini” and services file

'given these files exist inside a folder ‘\CustomerFiles’ on your installation server share.

'

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event: Copying customized SapLogon.ini"

strSrcFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%SapSrcDir%\CustomerFiles\SapLogon.ini")

strDstFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%WinDir%\SapLogon.ini")

If NwEngine.Shell.FileExist( strSrcFile ) Then

NwEngine.Shell.CopyFile strSrcFile, strDstFile

End If

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event: Copying customized services file"

If NwEngine.Shell.FileExist("%SAPSrcDir%\CustomerFiles\services") Then

NwEngine.Shell.CopyFile "%SAPSrcDir%\CustomerFiles\services", "%WinSysDir%\drivers\etc\services"

End If

We never copy the sapmsg.ini and sapdoccd.ini files as they seem to be created automatically. We also tweak the SAPLOGON.INI file with the TCP/IP ports so that we don't have to mess with the services file. Never sure who's doing what there. Also, now that I think about it, we had to clear the ACL's on the Services file in order to edit it, might be part of why your script is failing. Haven't checked that on Vista yet.

Regards,

John

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read SAP note 1031740 - SAP Logon: C:\Windows\saplogon.ini has no effect in Vista