cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI IView Portal Exception Error SP13

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Right now we are unable to execute any of our current BI IViews in the Development BI Portal and I’m thinking its SPS 13 related. (Of course this problem perfectly coincided with some Portal rework I was doing, so originally I thought it was something major I did wrong somehow... )

I seem to have tracked the problem down to the SYSTEM parameter on the BI IViews. All of the original BI IViews I created over time have a SYSTEM Parameter = “SAP_BW”. When I create a new BI IView the SYSTEM Parameter is equal to “SAP_LocalSystem”. The new BI IView works just fine. If I change the SYSTEM Parameter on my IViews to “SAP_LocalSystem” they also work. So it looks like for some reason the “SAP_BW” Alias the original BI IViews referenced is now not working correctly. I checked the system configuration and SAP_BW is defined as an alias and a Portal Connection Check indicates that all connections are fine.

Anyone know what else I can look at to correct this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mass Change of IViews was required and suggested by SAP. No OSS Note that I know of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know where SAP_LocalSystem is defined?

I too have experienced the problem of having to do a mass update to hundreds of iviews to get them working again. The problem now, though, is that if we publish templates to the portal from the WAD, then the SAP_BW alias is used, so I need to remember to change that once it has been published.

Alternately, if I can find where SAP_LocalSystem is defined, perhaps I could add in the SAP_BW alias onto that system instead.

Cheers,

Andrew

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use the multiple property replacement tool. That is what I have used. Propery name is System, populate it with SAP_LocalSystem.

SAP_LocalSystem is a built in system.

Paul

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

This is a known problem and SAP is working on a fix. Watch for note 1105913 when it is released. If you are looking for something in the short term, I believe this will work but you have to do it to each iview:

In order to solve it please do the following:

1. Open one of the BI iViews for edit.

2. Switch to property category "Content BW report"

3. Change the value of the "System" property to "SAP_LocalSystem"

For example, if the value is "SAP_BW", then now is should be

"SAP_LocalSystem".

4. Save your changes and try to reproduce the error.

If the problem was solved, reconfigure all the BI iViews

accordingly.

Hope this helps.

John

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was hoping to avoid changing my hundreds of BI IViews and that will work. I will work on it. Could you let me know how you are aware of this issue and how you know of this OSS Note? Also, this is only happening in DEV right now as as just went to SP13 in DEV. Will the IViews work and I change them in DEV and then send them over to QA which is not SP13?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any idea if SAP have released this note yet?

Is this the correct note number?

We've just gone to SP13 and found this 'feature' and also have hundreds of BI Iviews I don't really want to change.

thanks.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No note release that I know of. You have to use the mass property replacement tool to identify and change System Parameter on your BI IViews. I did this and all was fine.

Good Luck