Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 - Re-determine ITEMCATEGORY in USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

0 Kudos

MV45AFZB (USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP) allows me to default Item category when I enter material. I have a requirement to <u><b>re-determine</b></u> item category if a user changes the Shipping point, however I see that when a user changes the shipping point the above <u><b>user-exit does not trigger</b></u>.

Question: Is there a way to somehow include a change in shipping point to trigger this user exit or alternatively is there another user exit / Badi that can achieve what I want?

Many Thanks,

// Sajay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you change the shipping point on the item level, the following two user exits are triggered:

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK

Hope that helps,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you change the shipping point on the item level, the following two user exits are triggered:

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK

Hope that helps,

Michael

0 Kudos

Looks like the problem is the field VBAP-VSTEL element does not change immediately when you hit enter, it goes thru some standard SAP code and and the first time it enters the exits mentioned above by Michael, the value still remains to be the old value.

But off course my problem is not resolved by it does answer my question.

Thanks,

Sajay