cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on XI installation..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for help on XI installtion. I have enough RAM, but 50GB HD is good enough or it will be slow with 50GB. I don't have much data on my DB.

Also, I would like to know What is the sequence of installation. Hope DB(MaxDB), WEBAS ABAP+JAVA is enough to work with XI.

Is there anything else installation do i need to take care to work on.

Thanks in advance for ur help.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Sarvesh.

I am trying to install PI using solution manager.

When i installing solution manager it asked for DVD dumps required for PI installation. Hope in this case i don't need to generate key. Solution manager will manage the installation in this case. am i correct.

If i install separately, how to generate key using solution manager.

Thanks in advance for ur expert advice,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

As you said, you are going to install PI7.0

So first thing that i know is you can not install PI7.0 without installing Sol Manager

Secondly Key generation will be managed by SolMan via internet.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you very much Sarvesh. I have done solman installation. I need some doubts here. I have to install Solman and PI on the same host. So, i have to use same DB (Max DB in my case) and same SLD (local SLD) to proceed further.

Also, it will be great if you help on next steps.

How to access solman after installation regarding key generation.

Thanks in advance,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for answers. one more question

how maxDb installation will happen. do i need to install that first and give the DB details while installing WEBAS ABAP+JAVA

What are the other netweaver components do i need to install.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

<b><how maxDb installation will happen></b>

Total space occupied by XI3.0 after installation is 23 to 25 GB (it covers everything, except os).

<b><do i need to install that first and give the DB details while installing WEBAS ABAP+JAVA. What are the other netweaver components do i need to install></b>

<b>Steps for installation</b>.

<b>Note:</b> while installing you have to select the drive manually with <b>max space</b> (in your case it will be selected by default since you will be having only 2 partitions)

1. Install win server 2000 with service pack 4 or higher. (C: drive)

2. Install Java1.4.2_10 (C: drive)

3. Install Oracle9 (D: drive)

4. Install WAS ABAP (D: drive)

5. Install J2EE (D: drive)

6. Install Netweaver Components (i don't remember but you have to chose first option inside netweaver components) (D: drive)

7. Do post configuration

<b>Suggestion:</b> Always give same password everywhere otherwise it will be difficult to manage it later on. )

That's it.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If you are going to use it for your personal learning and it is XI 3.0 then:

1. First Partition 10 GB for operating system (you will get around 8.5 GB in actual).

2. Second Partiion 40 GB for xi database (you will get around 38 GB in actual)

Few facts, XI 3.0 (database) takes around 23 GB after installation. So according to me it will work for you, but in near future there can be a problem of space.

All the facts are infront of you, so you have to decide what to do. But no doubt it will work with 50 GB too. )

<b><Hope DB(MaxDB), WEBAS ABAP+JAVA is enough to work with XI></b>

you have to also install the Netweaver Components.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have enough RAM, but 50GB HD is good enough or it will be slow with 50GB. I don't have much data on my DB.

I dont recommed 50GB HDD at all.

50GB only required to the drive in which u r installing the XI. apart from that u need C:\ that will be of size 10GB.

Thanks

farooq.