cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom directories for export/import for Integration Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI uses default directories for exporting and importing Integration Builder objects, and there is no option to change the directory or to pick up objects from another directory.

Does anybody know of any way we can change the default directory that XI uses? Maybe some system setting hidden somewhere deep?

Thanks and Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For completeness of this thread... I raised this question to SAP support, and this is the reply I got from them :

<i>The transport directories are defined relatively to the system directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global

This relation is a hard code one and therefore it can't be changed. It is possible to change the system directory but this will have adverse affects on other applications using this directory so it is not recommended by SAP to do this.

However a future release of XI, 7.1, it will be possible to upload import files from the client to the server.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

even if you find the switch, you should not change. Other applications like CMS for XI may rely on the fixed path and may not work when you changed it.

If you need it somewhere else, why do you not copy?

Best regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

The Basis team is having problems with disk space and does not want transport objects to be stored on the server, rather they want it on a different server. I suggested using symbolic links to point the directories to actual directories somewhere else, but apparently it is not recommended in a clustered environment.

Regards

Manish

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

when there's no way there's always an <b>XI way</b>:)

you can help your basis team using XI

set you file adapter to monitor export directory

and try sending your xi export files to a different server/location

you can have a look how Felix did similar scenario:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/15/copy-a-file-with-same-filename-using-xi

isn't this a good way ?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

LoL !! Nice one! Hadn't thought of that. I shall propose it to the basis guys and see what they think

Thanks !

Manish

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

)

Regards,

michal