Did you mean: 

Material Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Substitution Reason OVRQ

how 0004 - Availability

will be have.

While using how the 0004 is the Original material is checked whether it is there or not or directly go to the Alternate material.

While using 0004 i am getting the following error

Alternate material there is no weight ( even though i maintain it in MM01) for the item category TAPS.For TAX the weight / volume is check and billing relevance in A.

What is the Standard for TAPS whether Weigh /Volume field should be checked and Billing relevance - A.

If i check the weight and volume and give billing relevance A the sub item price is taken in to account.

Regards,

Kannan M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Material determination uses the condition technique to swap one material for another when certain conditions apply. Material

determination is triggered by the material entered in the line item of the sales order.

Use transaction [VB11] to create a material determination condition record. And [OV12] for configuration of material determination.

Material determination is useful when old product is becoming obsolete or a new product is released by the company at specific date."

Also Maintain Net Weight and Gross weight in Material Master (MM02).

Reward if useful to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think 0004 will not check the availability of the original material, practically the business process operates with material determination concept when the original material is exhausted or the new material is launched in place of the original material. the user knows that the original material is not available in stock then he substitutes with the new material.

In the item cat. TAPS you have to make it relevent for weight and vol relevent, even though the matl. is free good as per item cat. but the freight has to be calculated while transportation. Billing relevence has to be removed as being free good material( as per config. setting in Item cat.)

Reward if helps

Manoj