cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Goods receipt posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm getting the following error message when trying to do a goods receipt (101 mvmt)...

Account determination for entry COA BSX ____ ___ 7900 not possible

Diagnosis

The system did not find an account for this transaction. This means that the account determination for key COA BSX ____ ___ 7900 is not maintained in MM Customizing (Valuation).

The key is made up of:

Chart of account

Transaction key (= Posting transaction)

Valuation grouping code

Account grouping code

Valuation class

System Response

The system cannot update a G/L account for this transaction. You cannot post the transaction.

But I've created a GL account and assigned to the val class.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to the transaction OMWD:

Check which Valuation Group code (last column) is used for the combination of Valuation area, company code & Chart of accts.

Then go the the tcode OBYC for the transaction BSX whether any account is defined for this valuation grp code or not, if not then give this valuation grp code in valuation modification column & assign the gl account.

valuation area can be equal to plant also or if it is not so in ur company then pls check which valuation area is assigned to the plant.

i am sure this will resolve the problem.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U try to post material from MB1C and to solve the above error u have to do the following changes:

OMS2-> choose your material from position button-> Select it> Click on Quantity/Value Updation under dialog structure> Choose your Value Area and Material Type> Uncheck Value Updation---> Save it and now try to post material .

Still if u find error reply me

Reward me points if helpful.

Regards,

Venuprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The account should be Balance sheet account and post automatically be ticked in GL. and also check FSS0 for company code assignment.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

I've changed still getting the same problem..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In T-code OBYC

you maintain GL account in your chart of accts for BSX and Valuaton class 7900

Best REgards

Ashish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've already maitained the GL acct in mt COA and assigned it to val class 7900 for proc key BSX.

after that only I'm getting this message.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Create another PO and try ?

Else check which valuation area you are using?

Best Regards

Ashish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

What does the PO has to do with it? and where do we check val area.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

My problem is not yet solved, please help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Satya,

Pls check your valuation area is assigned to valuation grp code

Path: Spro> Material MGt>Valuation and account assignment>Acct Determination>Acct determination without wizard>grp together valuation areas.

Check whole purchase cycle from begning

Best Regards

Ashish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

i've checked for my co.cde val group code defined as wp01, but when i check obyc for BSX wp01 is not defined for 7900. Do I need to change this or new asst of 7900 to wp01 with GL acct.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You need to create for you valuation area WP01 for 7900 then only system will pick the GL account

Best Regards

Ashish Jain

Pls assign points if this is helpful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Defined wp01 for 7900 , but still have the same problem..

account determination for key WHCA BSX ____ ___ 7900 is not maintained in MM Customizing (Valuation)

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

U try to post material from MB1C and to solve the above error u have to do the following changes:

OMS2-> choose your material from position button-> Select it> Click on Quantity/Value Updation under dialog structure> Choose your Value Area and Material Type> Uncheck Value Updation---> Save it and now try to post material .

Did u tried this this will help u

Still if u find error reply me

Reward me points if helpful.

Regards,

Venuprasad