cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab UIelement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in need of 4 Tabs which has to be placed to 4 pages.And each tab is related to separate page.How to add action to each tab? Since Tabstrip is having on select option,so I have created a page where all the tab contents are having some UIelements related to the particular page.So please tell me how to do that.

Regards

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

can't u fire the plugs ( outbound plug ) with some action events, which will display view A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Thanks for reply.I have given fire plug with some action to go back to A but I want the content of selected tab to be automatically opened after selecting the particular tab in B.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a context in Component controller and bind the selected tab property of both the tabstrip in viewA and viewB to that context.

The id of the tabs in viewA and viewB should be same.

Regards,

Murtuza

former_member485701
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi nutan,

(1)Create view A

(2)Create view B

(3) Create one more view C to combine A and B

(a)Create Tab Strip in View C

(b)Create 2 Tabs under this.

(c)Insert view container UI Element in both Tabs.

(d)bind selectedTab property in context

(d)And implement onSelect method and in this method and set selected Tab.

(4) Now open Window.

(a)Embed view C

(b)It will show you two view container's paste view A in in 1st and view B in 2nd

Now your problem is solved.

Feel free to ask queries

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through these links

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for the link. Now I am able to work in that.

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong then you have created only one view and want to make some UI element visible and hide some depending upon the tab selected.

Is it the way I understand or something different.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza ,

Thanks for replying. I have created some four pages and each page is having all tabs in it. According to my need if i will click tabs in any page then the particular tab page should be displayed.So I have created one common page with all the tab and each tab content is containing the specific tab page.Now i have linked all other pages tab strip to that common page.But after clicking the tabs in any page it is navigating to common page but by default it is showing the first tab page.

So help me.I need the tab page of a particular tab which is clicked .

Regards

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In each of your tab under the transparent container insert a child called ViewContainerUIElement and set the view that you have to display on each tab.

You don't have to do anything additional to display the views on each page. Whenever you click on the tabstrip the corresponding contents will be displayed.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murtuza for your quick response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your replies and it has almost solved my problem. But i have been stucked some where please help.

I have two views A and B.

A and B both are having 2 tabs. (Tab1 And Tab2.)

In A i have kept viewcontrollerUIelement under Tab1 And Tab2. But in B i donot require the viewcontrollerUIelement under the tabs. So i have not kept.

My problem is that when I am clicking the Tab1 or Tab2 in B , then it should navigate to A and display the respective tab and viewcontrollerUIelement.

How to do this?

I have read the answers but not getting exact idea to this.

Regards

Nutan