cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS- How to know that the documents are attached??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

This is pertaining to DMS,

We attach documents and link it to various object links.

Later when we get into that transaction we retrive the attached documents.

Suppose i attached the DIR to MARA (in object links) , and until i forcely go to document data in T code MM02 i cant know that documents are attached.....??

My question is how any one will know that the documents are linked thru DMS to Various object links in those transactions.

Is my question is valid......just put your comments...

Regards,

Murali.S

Points will be awarded for sure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali,

One of the ways to find DIRs which have object links is by cv04N. For example, if a meterial is linked to more than one DIR, go to CV04N, then object links--> material, select the material and choose execute. All the DIRs which have link to this material are displayed.

Hope I answered your question.

Please reward points if useful.

Regards,

Laxminarasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If any object link is exist for a document, you can see a tab ' Object Links' while displaying the document. If object link is not exist for a document, then while displaying the document , the tab ' Object Links' can' be seen in the display document screen.

Also the objects for which links exist (for example, material master) have an indicator against their description.

So its not required to go to MM02 and check whether the object link is exist or not.

Let me know if the above explanation solves your confusion.

Regards,

Pragna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks first-of all...

But i think i should be still precise little bit more....

Just consider a situation where u have 2 users ....A & B,both are in different location.just imagine user B dont have any contact to(from) User A

User A: creates the various document info record and attach to Material master .

User B is working in another plant . How user B will know that to this material documents are attached,

He(USER B) should have already got the information that documents are attached else he should go and check document data Tab forcing himself......

I felt that every time user has to check as a practice if any documents are attached thru Tab EXTRA'S but this may be critical...not every one will do that....some time u may forget to check the presence.

Is my question valid......??!?!?

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from my point of view there is no standard customizing to achieve such a notification function.

Maybe a solution would be possible by triggering a workflow after on user changed a document and added links. Therefore maybe the workflow methods

- Document.Change2 Change Document

- Document.Find_linked_objects Find linked objects

- Document.Find Find object

could be usefull. However please note that there will be a huge amount of notifications for the users, if this is always triggered if you change the document.

Best regards,

Christoph